PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

star293
07-10-2010, 02:45 AM
I am really good at making 3d models when i use zbrush or mudbox or any software that requires my my acutal hand to be used, which means i am also really really good at making objects using a real clay and i won in many competitions in my art and pottery class. But the problem is that I really suck at making stuff using Maya, 3d max or similar programs. Like it feels really wierd to me moving around every single verticies and edges and so on.. It feels like it does not have anything to do with my hand and art skill.. Do you guys recommend any software that will fit to me..? Is there any software like zbrush or mudbox but enables me to make stuff like a car or airplane or etc.

Thanks in advance

rtrska
07-10-2010, 03:41 AM
Try sculpting as usual within the app of your choice, then export an obj into topogun, or some other retopologizing application. Setup your lowres edgeloops, and have the app bake out your highres meshes. Clean models without the hassle of trying to manage both form and edgeflow at the same time.

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2010, 03:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.