PDA

View Full Version : render layer/ render pass where are my renders???

acc9340
07-08-2010, 02:00 AM
OK this is truly weird. I am rendering an animation from MAYA using mental ray (I have MAYA 2009 on a Mac Pro with MAYA 2009) using both render layers and render passes. I am sure that I have set my project to the correct directory and pointed the images to go the right place.

Then in the render settings I set my file out piut to go to a new folder that thus far did not exist (I call it "01"). Then I set flags for /<RenderLayer>/NAME<RenderPass>

Here's where it gets weird. When I submit a batch render the render starts and reports every frame rendered. MAYA/mental Ray does NOT create the needed folder structures and the images it says it creates are no where to be found on the entire hard drive.

What is it doing during all that render time?

Where are my files?

How can I fix this.

Please help.

Thanks, As always.

ACC

mduvekot
07-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Perhaps its overwriting the same file all the time. You could take a look at the MayaBatch render process and check which files it has open. I like to use the Instruments app for stuff like that, but if you don't have it (it's part of the dev kit), you can use the Activity Monitor as well.

CGTalk Moderation
07-08-2010, 03:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.