PDA

View Full Version : FXWars! FLAMETHROWER !: AniTech, Freeform Entry, Ultimate

ErgunTech
07-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi Everybody,

This is our very first time entry to FXWars and we all excited about it. After we've learned this month's theme we decided to join the challenge as a team. :rolleyes:

The base idea is about a special force that fights and terminates mutated living forms by using flamethrowers.Our characters are in radiation & heat suits and loaded with full of flammable liquid!

Story is like this,
A satellite view locates the mutant inflated facility, a chopper arives and lands the team.Team members get their positions, break in and fire!

The name of our short is "Ultimate" .

The main goal is to finish break in and streaming flame on mutated forms. Satellite, chopper and landing scene are depanding on time left.Whole animation lenght would be approximately between 30 and 60 seconds.

Here is the team ...

Ömer Ergün - Visual FX, Rigging, Modelling, Compositing
Mert Cavus - Animation
Mirac Tercan - Animation
Metin Akcakoca - Modelling, Texturing, Rendering
Ozan Civit - Consultant

We will use 3DsMax for everything and render with Mentalray.And for Compositing is the After Effects.

Unfortunately we'll work on our entry in our limited spare times and that's gonna be a real challenge.Soon we're gonna post some images, storyboard and more.

Comments or critiques are always welcome ... :applause:

Cheers and good luck to everyone, :thumbsup:

joshfilms
07-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Sounds cool good luck!

-Josh

tool2heal
07-07-2010, 09:13 PM
hmm, may I ask. you say 3d studio for everything. Does that confirm the use of FumeFx? and if it does, may I ask why the decision to use mental ray? as FumeFX and mental ray are pardon my language. A real Pain in the %#$ to work with together.

ErgunTech
07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
@Thanks Josh. :)

hmm, may I ask. you say 3d studio for everything. Does that confirm the use of FumeFx? and if it does, may I ask why the decision to use mental ray? as FumeFX and mental ray are pardon my language. A real Pain in the %#$ to work with together.

Yes, I will use FumeFx for the simulation, driven by the particles from Particleflow.
I made some tests these week.I will post the result soon.
From the tests,what i see is the quality look better in mental ray with the lighting setup we made and scanline is also good about the fire in a normal light but in a night scene,i couldn´t give a nice looking light out of the frame...
That´s maybe because of my low experience with scanline renderer. :) May i ask, what would you suggest ?

tool2heal
07-07-2010, 10:29 PM
well your getting better light from the fire with mental ray because it has Global illumination, which allows the fire created by FumeFx to actually emit light, scanline will not allow you to do this. I know final render and FumeFx work really well together and are production proven and if im not mistaken is also faster then rendering with mental ray. but by all means if you're getting a good look from mental ray then you should use it cause i have never seen good renders of FumeFx with mental ray yet and I would love to see how they look.

ErgunTech
07-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Ok,thanks for the advice. I will keep in mind,and post the results soon.

ErgunTech
07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
So, here is the storyboard and some reference images we made.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac295/ErgunTech/FxWars/Storyboard.jpg

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac295/ErgunTech/FxWars/flamethrower_beatboard.jpg

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac295/ErgunTech/FxWars/Romm_Composition.jpg

Thanks Ozan for helping me about all this stuff.. :bowdown:

The character will be like this ;

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac295/ErgunTech/FxWars/character.jpg

More stuff soon ...

Cheers ... :beer:

GUNTHO
07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
goodluck :)

ErgunTech
07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
goodluck :)

joshfilms
07-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Cool storyboards :).

-Josh

ErgunTech
07-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Cool storyboards :).

-Josh
Hehe, thanks Josh. :)

And here is the flamethrower,i modelled today...

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac295/ErgunTech/FxWars/Flamethrower.jpg

:rolleyes:

Klemen
07-09-2010, 09:25 PM
An ambitious plan I must say. I hope you manage to finish like you envisioned it. Good luck!

toufik
07-10-2010, 12:44 PM
hi looks good but as my freind told u i hope u will hav time to do all this

good luck

ErgunTech
07-10-2010, 01:14 PM
As i said, its going to be a real challange for us. We have limited time, and actually its fun and we learn so much stuff,when try to do projects like this.
Anyway..according to the timeplan i made, we are going to catch up the deadline.. hope it works :)
Thanks for the advices..
; and good luck to all.. :thumbsup:

met-out
07-11-2010, 10:57 PM
hi guys.
l started on character modeling, l will share it soon.
good luck everybody.

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2010, 10:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.