PDA

View Full Version : 3ds blueprint query

bangiepangie
07-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm a Lighwave diehard and to date have always found it perfect for my modelling requirements, and I passed that knowledge on to my son, who is now going to college this year on a 3d modelling course.

Although he is proficient with LW, the course uses 3DS max, and although he will learn on the course, I want him to hit the ground running so I would like to show him the basics before he starts, as some of the guys on the course are already familiar with 3DS.

However, my assumption that a good LW modeller can easily pick up 3DS max has been shattered, as I havent got past the setting up of blueprints yet. I have the planes set up, and somehow the right view has my bitmap image there, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to show the top and front bitmaps in their respective viewports.

I'm kind of embarrased asking this as its like going back to kindergarten but can someone advice me how to show the respective bitmaps from the planes in the top and front viewports? It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm117/bangiepangie/3dspic.jpg

Dare-o
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Do you have 2 sided on? That may be the reason.

To enable 2 sided:

right click 'perspective' then go to 'configure'

under rendering method, to the right of the tab click 'force 2 sided', then at the bottom left of the tab choose apply to 'all viewports'.

goodluck

bangiepangie
07-06-2010, 07:08 PM
That did it my friend. Your help is very much appreciated. I can now get on with some modelling tutorials.

Once again, thanks.

Gav.

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2010, 07:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.