PDA

View Full Version : Pantomime:July_Splinter

Splinter
07-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Human taking on the movements of an animal

I'm going to try and participate in this too. I like the non-audio topic. So, what I think I will be trying to do is creating a character that takes on the actions of a gorilla. This sounds like a lot of fun.

Splinter
07-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Here is some planning

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/Johnc_Ism/Animation%20Session/ManActingLikeAGorilla.jpg

Splinter
07-20-2010, 01:36 AM
Here is an update of my project, it's just the blocking. The first three seconds are blank, but the animation will start right after that.

http://vimeo.com/13444444

I don't know if I could finish it in time but I'll try

supermanV
07-20-2010, 02:36 AM
this will be interesting i have been thinking of doing the same thing and you are actually working on it.. nice start

Splinter
07-20-2010, 03:37 AM
Thank you!!!:beer:

I'm gonna do my best to finish. There isn't a lot of time left, but I think I'll still have fun putting forth the effort.

supermanV
07-20-2010, 03:15 PM
looking forward to it. :)

Splinter
07-22-2010, 05:02 AM
Here is another update. This one just takes the blocking a little further. I haven't splined anything in the graph yet, so it's still a little jumpy.

http://vimeo.com/13524799

supermanV
07-22-2010, 05:25 AM
hey john, its coming out great. are you using some reference video?

Vland
07-22-2010, 08:40 AM
I like it a lot!

Anubis3D
07-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Hey John. It's coming along really nicely! I specially liked the part when he runs towards the camera, and his last pose.

Keep it coming.

Splinter
07-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your comments!!!

@ SupermanV - When I started I did youtube some references of gorilla's walking and doing other activities. Then before I started animating I planned the action out in my head, and drew out some poses in photoshop. A lot of the actions in my scene are exaggerated, like the backwards dive at the end. I don't think that an actual, adult gorilla would do something like that. So that part was improvised. I had to go back and look at the references to make sure that the walk was similar to a gorilla's. Although, even that has more bounce and feels a little more upbeat then it should, but I kind of like it.

supermanV
07-24-2010, 02:41 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments!!!

@ SupermanV - When I started I did youtube some references of gorilla's walking and doing other activities. Then before I started animating I planned the action out in my head, and drew out some poses in photoshop. A lot of the actions in my scene are exaggerated, like the backwards dive at the end. I don't think that an actual, adult gorilla would do something like that. So that part was improvised. I had to go back and look at the references to make sure that the walk was similar to a gorilla's. Although, even that has more bounce and feels a little more upbeat then it should, but I kind of like it.

yeah i did notice that backward dive was improvised. liked the idea of him charging at the camera . nice interaction with the camera makes it feel more alive.

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2010, 02:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.