PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush thing...

lukx
09-22-2003, 07:16 AM
Well I wasn't sure where to post it. But I decided to try ZBrush and can someone tell me if it's possible it this software to rotate, pan and move scene like in 3dsmax or any other 3d package? Also how to import 3d scene from for example 3dsmax?

Squeakypics
09-22-2003, 11:36 AM
ZBrush doesn't exactly work like other 3d apps in that respect.
In 'true' 3d you can only work with one object at a time.
I am only scratching the surface of this fantastic app at the moment (and loving it) so I am perhaps not best qualified to answer your questions. What I can do is to point you to the ZBrush forum:

http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

It is full of really helpful people who can point you in the right direction. Try the 'Quick links' there for common questions and of course dive into the built in ZScript tutorials.
ZBrush can be a bit daunting and alien to start with but it repays perseverance and is the most intuitive and fun way of modeling I have found yet.

8BIT BOY
09-22-2003, 05:27 PM
Zbrush rotate works by clicking on the blank canvas and moving your mouse. To pan just do the same as rotate but hold down 'alt' before click and move....to get zoom just do a pan whilst taking your finger off 'alt'...

You also have to be in edit mode i think and you also have to make sure you haven't 'dropped' your tool or you have to bring it back up again.

To import stuff from Max, you need to either bang it into Wings3d and convert it to an .obj or get the Habware obj converter plugin for Max....

Arcane as you like....:rolleyes:

lwwiz
11-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Hi I downloaded the demo of zbrush but it keeps asking for the password and I havent purchased it yet why does it keep asking me.

Goon
11-08-2003, 07:44 PM
there is an activation key you get with the demo, its should be in your email box. Use that to activate it.

I think they do that so people cant just distribute the demo freely. Maybe it helps against crackers too.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.