PDA

View Full Version : C++ guys lookin to join game teams?

Blud_Stane
09-22-2003, 05:36 AM
I am curious where I could start recruiting for talented C++ gamers, as I'm looking to buy an engine and gather a team. Of course a programmer is the only thing that keeps me from doing that right now.

tachion
09-22-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Blud_Stane
I am curious where I could start recruiting for talented C++ gamers, as I'm looking to buy an engine and gather a team. Of course a programmer is the only thing that keeps me from doing that right now.

Sounds like money isn't a problem if you're looking to buy an engine. You didn't, however, mention whether you're going to make a game for fun or actually try to profit from it.

You see, we see this kind of messages all time everywhere and they usually turn out to be bogus.

To help your cause, you could always explain what makes your project any more special and different from all those other ones out there. Also, it wouldn't hurt to tell if you have a company, up and running, or you're only thinking of starting one.

In case you're just looking to create a freeware game for fun only with a little help from a buch of rogue programmers making games for food, I'd recommend sourceforge.net.

Please bear in mind that I am not writing this to offend you in any way and I can't claim to be a rock solid game developer myself, but I've seen a little this and a little that in the past years.

Thanks for you time.

Blud_Stane
09-22-2003, 05:26 PM
ah np tachion, i'm not a 16 yr old that made a map for HL and thinks he can make a game now :) hehe jk

but I grew up on a LAN with my brothers and broadband so we've played about every game and pushed it to see whats best. I have joined a few pro contract projects in the past as well as modded... but I am tired of people leading teams that have no clue how to design fun, or handle teams. I am purchasing a cheap engine (AMP 2, 2nd generation of the AMP 1 that GORE was built on)

The project will be something that is visually new, but adds many gameplay elements of classic games. To sum it up i'd say:

Humorous-ACtion Packed-Keep It Simple design

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.