PDA

View Full Version : Pflow toolbox collisions

HornBerger
07-03-2010, 12:30 PM
hey!
i finally got pflow toolbox... i was playing with it and have come across a problem... here is my setup:
i have a plane with animated noise and have applied a pflow collision shape modifier to it, then i added a physX flow .. the particles initially start as red cubes (birth grid) and when they collide with each other they turn green, and when they collide with the plane they are supposed to turn blue ( but some of them do not :S) they do not exit the event "when collide with each other" :S

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2750/pflowtoolboxhelp0.jpg
thanks! :)

JohnnyRandom
07-04-2010, 02:27 AM
Is it colliding? I mean is it hitting the deflector, or do you have the Ground Plane Collision enabled and the deflector just happens to be below the ground plane at that point in time?

I tried to mimic your flow (it is hard to see from the pic) seems to work ok here.

HornBerger
07-04-2010, 07:46 AM
thanks for the reply
Is it colliding? I mean is it hitting the deflector, or do you have the Ground Plane Collision enabled and the deflector just happens to be below the ground plane at that point in time?
i turned of the ground collision! when the particles intercollide they enter the "when collide with each other" but they do not leave this event even after colliding with the plane (i.e they remain green)

here's another screen shot:
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4382/pflowtoolboxhelp1.jpg

(it is hard to see from the pic)
right click on the image and select view image.

thanks again! :)

JohnnyRandom
07-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Hmm, can't get it do...let me know if it happens in the attached scene.

HornBerger
07-04-2010, 07:38 PM
thanks for the reply :)

yep, same problem with your scene... the green cubes do not enter the event 003 (i.e they do not turn blue) even after colliding with the noisy plane :S

thanks again :)

naik
07-04-2010, 10:42 PM
that's really funny guys...

such a simple tast / setup - but i got the same problem.

Seems to be a redirection problem - also there might be one setting
which will not let the shapes move into the other event...

gotta check it too when im at work tomorrow...

cheers

quite sure thats an easy fix for that....

JohnnyRandom
07-04-2010, 11:27 PM
The scene I posted works for me.

What version of Box#2 are you guys running?

I have, on fresh build, ver. 1.06 max 2010 & 2011 x64.

CGTalk Moderation
07-04-2010, 11:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.