PDA

View Full Version : ICE Particles to PFlow?

Burritoh
07-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Trying to get basic particle data out of XSI and into Pflow...

We tried the 2-yr old plugin for exporting ICE particles to Krakatoa's PRT format and that doesn't work with Softimage 2011. Crashed it, in fact.

So we're trying other formats, like PC2, which we know is a format Max reads. We just don't know how to get PC2 files into Pflow. Since PC2 is used for deforming meshes, we hit a wall, because we don't have a mesh to attach it to. We just have an animated point cloud in the form of PC2 files.

What I'm hoping is that we can get Pflow to generate particles off the point cloud data, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Any advice?

petitlu
07-03-2010, 11:56 PM
i don't know how to import ice particle to pflow, but steve caron made an update of his plug in to export to krakatoa and i'm using it in softimage 2011. here is the link Export to prt
(http://code.google.com/p/kies/downloads/list)

noouch
07-03-2010, 11:59 PM
If you're considering scripting something to either export or import particles, the PRT file format is documented on the Krakatoa page, and you can find a documentation of the PC2 format here (http://www.footools.com/plugins/docs/PointCache2_README.html#maxscript).

Your best bet would probably be to send an e-mail to Steven Caron who wrote the XSI exporter. If you ask nicely enough, he may be able to get it running in 2011 for you.

All questions, comments, bug reports should be sent to tools at steven dash caron dot com

Burritoh
07-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Thank you, petitlu. We didn't know the addon had been updated. We'll try it out. Merci bien, ca m'encourage de savoir que ca marche avec 2011.

Thanks for the advice, noouch. We'll send a kind word if we have any trouble.

CiaranM
07-05-2010, 02:26 AM
You could try the Realflow .bin format and the free inporters/exporters plugins.

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2010, 02:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.