PDA

View Full Version : July Challenge

Splinter
07-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Animation Mini-Challenge: July

Its July 2, 2010, to everyone who has participated in the past welcome back, to all of the new comers, welcome :wavey:.

This month we will have an opportunity to choose from two different projects. If you like you can choose to animate to the audio clip provided, or the non-audio topic.

The Pantomime topic for the month of July is:
Human taking on the movements of an animal

The rules for the Pantomime challenge are:

1. Make all the WIPS in Playblast form, then if you choose you can create your final piece in a more robust renderer (NOT necessary, you can still post the final with a playblast).
2. All animations should last at least 10 seconds long, that way there will be more clarity with what is going on.
3. All animations should last NO longer than 12 Seconds.
4. Title your thread using this format: Pantomime:July_YourName
5. All participants must show there work-in-progress before posting the final.
6. DO NOT add any audio.
7. HAVE FUN!!!:thumbsup:

The Audio Clip (Here (http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/ironman/expect.wav)) Note: R-Click the link then save link as… to download the audio clip.
Iron Man
Pepper Potts:"I thought you said you were done making weapons."
Tony Stark (Iron Man):"It isn't. This is a flight stabilizer. It's completely harmless."
Explosion
Tony Stark (Iron Man):"I didn't expect that."

Rules for the Audio clip are as follows:

1. Make all the WIPS in Playblast form, then if you choose you can create your final piece in a more robust renderer (NOT necessary, you can still post the final with a playblast).
2. Title your thread using this format: Audio:July_YourName
3. All participants must show there work-in-progress before posting the final.
4. HAVE FUN!!!:thumbsup:

Splinter
07-06-2010, 07:42 PM
It sounds like some people didn't notice this is the main thread for the July challenge. So I thought I would leave a reminder here that way my current post will put this thread back at the top of the Animation Mini-Challenge board.

Good luck to everyone!!! :)

ankheilw
07-14-2010, 04:33 AM
Hey Splinter,

Thanks for getting the challenge going. Just to be sure, this is where we post our WIPs, correct?

Splinter
07-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Actually, all you have to do is create your own thread on the main animation board (Follow THIS (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135) Link). Title your thread using this format; "Pantomime:July_YourName" or "Audio:July_YourName". That way anyone can subscribe to your thread and receive a notification when you update. At the end of the month I will create a "Finals" thread where you can put your finished work.

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2010, 05:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.