PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush to Maya problem

Xetil
07-02-2010, 11:57 AM
hi, i have had some problems when exporting from Zbrush and importing into Maya.
After import, there is no geometry appearing, even i can see there are something there in the polycount information. Recently i found out that when i set the model to points, in the shading drop down menu, that there is just one point in the centre. Have anyone got any clue what im doing wrong here?

It might be worth mentioning that i have imported back and forth on the same model, just for testing and to try and see how it looks as i'm having a learning process.

If anyone could give me any feedback on this it would be highly appreciated, cause im totaly clueless here :banghead:

Feel free to ask if you don't understand the question :)

artquest
07-02-2010, 03:30 PM
If there is a number displayed in the polycount hud then your model is there. There are a couple of things that could be happening. Sometimes maya fails to connect the default lambert shader to your geometry. Try hitting "4" for wireframe mode to see if anything pops up. If it shows a wireframe simply open the hypergraph and middle click drag and drop the default shader onto your model's wireframe. I've had this happen to me several times aswell.

Also if you're using 3.5r then try applying a texture to your object (can be just a blank white texture.) and exporting as .ma instead of .obj.

When you export make sure you change your settings in the export tab at the bottom of your tool pallete. You'll want to turn on merge uv coords and turn off export subgroups if you want to go back and forth from zbrush to maya. (I'm a bit new to 3.5r so I'm not sure if that still applies.)

Hope this helps!

Xetil
07-05-2010, 11:21 AM
hi, thanks a lot for that. The problem was actually that scale and offsett in export settings
had changed itself to NAN. I imported an earlier version of the same model
and copied the numbers there and set these numbers in the model i had problems with,
and it worked fine to export and import after that. Thanks anyway, you're reply certainly
led me in the right direction.

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2010, 11:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.