PDA

View Full Version : Qantm or UNSW????

minhhai88
07-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Hi all,

I'm currently considering on choosing 2 universities Qantm and UNSW in Sydney, cos' i am going to do my BA of Digital Media. Is anyone here can give me advice on those universities i should join?

I know UNSW is a decent school and their course period is 3 years long whereas Qantm is a private school and only take 2 years to get their BA degree.

Hope that someone here can help me out.

Thanks,
H

JaYbOc
07-02-2010, 01:49 PM
I definitely recommend UNSW, for several reasons - it's one of the best universities in the country, and has a brilliant College of Fine Arts. QANTM offers more narrow, industry-specific courses focussed more on separate disciplines such as Graphic Design, Animation, Games Design, Games Programming etc, which makes UNSW's BDM a better option in terms of employability and general well-roundedness.

brazilianmagic
07-02-2010, 02:54 PM
I totally agree with JaYbOc (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=427896). I am also wanting to go to UNSW but i don't think my ATAR will be high enough. You should remember that CSU offers a animation course and i heard that it is pretty good. I also spoke to a friend of mine and he said that there are some really good schools in New Zealand

minhhai88
07-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks JaYbOc and Brazilianmagic for your useful feedback.
One more question is that i still consider two courses whether I should join Architectural Computing or Digital Media, cos' I'm a 3D architecture visualizer and coming to Australia to enhance my 3D skill on animation, modeling and post production. I am currently a bit struggle with those courses before giving final decision. Please help!

JaYbOc
07-04-2010, 07:57 AM
It all depends on how specialized or broad you want your skills to be. Architectural Computing seems to be really industry-specific. If you're a architectural visualizer, then this would seem like the course to do. Then again, with the BDM you'd really develop your comprehensive skills in the areas of:
3D Modelling and Animation
Digital Imaging
Interactive Media
Video
Sound
(from the site)
Again, it's up to you. I'd have a look at both courses' content and topics and then decide.
Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
07-04-2010, 07:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.