PDA

View Full Version : generating blood spatterings for avi output

greek_fire
09-21-2003, 08:25 PM
greetings
im looking to export an avi for afterFX. i was just wondering if anyone had any particular brushes/settings that might point me in the right direction for some liquid splotches.

tayete
09-22-2003, 10:19 AM
With the Watercolour brushes you can recreate easily those splotches, but frankly, the best effect can be achieved by dropping some ink drops on a paper, and scanning them. That works great.

greek_fire
09-22-2003, 11:04 AM
yeah. but im trying to take advantage of painter's liquid animation properties, as opposed to a static effect

Jinbrown
09-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Hi,

The only thing animated within Painter is Painter 7 and Painter 8 Water Colors as the brushstrokes are rendered.

If you're creating your AVI animation using Painter's Movie feature, it will be made up of still frames, just like any other animation.

Try using the Liquid Ink's Graphic Bristle variant for splatters. It'll take some experimenting and use of Undo but you can get some nice effects.

To make the paint appear to be thick, double click the Liquid Ink Layer and adjust the Amount slider. To control the brushtrokes' density, adjust the Threshold slider.

You can continue adjusting the Amount and Threshold sliders as long as the Liquid Ink Layer remains a Liquid Ink Layer. In other words, if you convert the Liquid Ink Layer to a Default Layer by choosing Convert to Default Layer from the Layers palette menu, that dynamic ability will be lost.

Happy Splattering! :)

greek_fire
09-22-2003, 10:43 PM
thanks Jin, exactly what i wanted.

tayete
09-23-2003, 04:10 PM
There's nothing Jin doesn't know (at least about Painter) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jinbrown
09-23-2003, 07:07 PM
tayete,

Um... thanks, but I wish that were true. ;)

To date, I have not met a single person who knows everything about Painter.

No matter what their level of expertise, there's always something the person doesn't know.

I always chuckle remembering the time I asked one of the original Painter developers a question and he said he didn't know a lot about that feature, then said he guessed I was the expert on this subject now. (He meant me, but he had to be joking!)

Yikes! If I was the expert on that subject, we were in big trouble.

(The feature was Net Painter which is no longer a part of Painter, with Painter 8's release.)

I knew enough to teach people how to use it and to have some really fun online collaborative painting sessions, but surely there must have been more I didn't know.

I was truly amazed to find the developer couldn't tell me more than I'd learned on my own.

Now I realize, and say this often, there's way too much in Painter for anyone to know it all.

That's why we need each other to get through the maze of mysterious, marvelous, and magical treasures Painter holds for us.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.