PDA

View Full Version : 1 day to make up my mind

lukx
09-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Okey after looooong time of making up my mind I decided to buy Samsung 191T. And now I want only truth if it's okey for 3d work and basic texturing. I still got my CRT Samsung 959NF but I would rather preffer to work most of the time with LCD cause my eyes are really wasted.

Brim
09-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by lukx
...And now I want only truth if it's okey for 3d work and basic texturing...

Hell yes!!
Slight ghosting in max viewport but not a big deal - it's kinda like seeing the 2 thin lines on a trinitron - the fade out after a while. I wouldn't use this monitor for gaming though - but I don't game so it's no prob for me.

dvornik
09-21-2003, 09:45 PM
At the last place I worked we used dell's version of it for our maya classroom for several months. Worked really well, noone complained. Now they bought another classroom of them.

But there is a slight ghosting when you rotate the viewport.

newegg has a good deal on them now ($605).

Brim
09-21-2003, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't do newegg - they have a minimun 8 dead pixels only return/exchange policy. So if you have a only 1 or 2 dead pixels near your center of screen (or near your work area), you might be stuck with it.

I don't want to sound like I'm plugging here but I bought from was BCD2000.com (http://www.bcd2000.com) simply because the price was good ($619.95 US) and they have a ZERO dead pixel policy. I bought a 191T and it had a dead pixel (white spot) near the bottom left and a dead sub-pixel (blue dot) near the bottom right. Anyways, I returned it and they sent me a new one. The new one also has a few dead sub-pixels but I can only see them, as in the last monitor, when I turn the desktop to all black. They were not visible otherwise.

Shop around for a good return policy just in case you get a real lemon. Dead pixels are the bane of LCD right now. Good luck.

You might also consider buying from a local store such as Best Buy, CompUSA, Circuit City.... You can always get the sales guy to plug it in and set the desktop black to check for dead pixels. Plus the return/exchange will be easier - although I think the price will be higher than online ordering.

lukx
09-21-2003, 10:06 PM
:) I'm from Poland so I will buy LCD in store and I will check everything twice before taking this beauty home.

Brim
09-21-2003, 10:32 PM
oops - didn't check your location. Well, good to see you'll inspect before buying. :)

lukx
09-21-2003, 10:43 PM
no prob. thanks for help :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.