PDA

View Full Version : MR Batch Render - mayabatch not finding MR Plugin

Starrider
07-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Hey!
I installed Maya 2011 on our Backburner farm. Maya SW just rendered fine. When I did a test with MR I got those errors:

Starting "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2011\bin\mayabatch.exe"

Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayItemsList'; preserving node information during this session.

Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayGlobals'; preserving node information during this session.

[...]

Error: No object matches name: mentalrayItemsList.globals

It seems like mayabatch is not loading the MR plugin. Doesn't know the MR nodes later and after loading MR it can't find them anymore. So I setup my userSetup.mel so it automatically loads MR when starting up. SOLVED... but strange.

Now I did a stress test with Maya Fur in MR. Well - no fur because the plugin is not loaded. I could load all the plugins now but thats really strange.

Any idea what happens?

Thanks!

m-u-r-p-h-y
07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
save your scene in maya ascii and check if it contains this line at the beginning of the file:

requires "Mayatomr" "2011.0m - 3.8.1.26 ";

numbers are different for each version of Maya and MR but something similar should be there. Otherwise maya will not load the plugin . . .

Starrider
07-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks murphy!
I checked it and it seemed as if Maya was not storing the "requires ..." on my machine. I went to another - tried - everything fine.
So I removed my Maya settings on my local machine and everything was working fine again. Strange that it's possible to make Maya not store this information!

m-u-r-p-h-y
07-03-2010, 01:14 PM
We have logged bug with Autodesk already but they are not able to reproduce it . . . .:argh:

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2010, 01:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.