PDA

View Full Version : Rendering with a Painted Effect

DanielCampbell
07-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how I would go about rendering to give a water-color type painted effect.

I saw a tute about 2 years back on how to do it in maya, but have been unable to find it again unfortunatly.

The effect I am going for is much like the one seen in the site below, though this tute is in relation to LightWave.

http://www.outside-hollywood.com/siggraph/

I wonder if anyone has any tips at all on how I would create a similar look, or has a link to any tutes which walk you through the process in Maya?

Thank-you in advance for your assistance.

Daniel

chafouin
07-01-2010, 05:39 PM
First, I have to say that it's a really interesting link, thanks :)

The video shows everything you need to know, and this effect can be achieved by any 3d software. I don't really see how we can help you more than this video, except by actually doing it and sharing the file. I would like to give it a try but I don't really have the time right now...

m-u-r-p-h-y
07-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Just go to Visor (Window -> General Editors -> Visor) and look at very bottom of Toon Examples.

There are some watercolor brushes and scenes with similar effect . . .

m-u-r-p-h-y
07-02-2010, 11:30 AM
hope it helps . . .

DanielCampbell
07-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Thanks Guys,

I just wasn't too sure if every aspect of that video would apply to functions within maya. I found a few of the terms quite foreign as it applied to Light-wave. I'll have a look around Maya and see what I can figure out.

If anyone does come across any which relate solely to Maya this is something I'm still after, more a step by step guide which shows where abouts in Maya one would make the changes.

Thanks for the tip on the paint effects also, didn't realize they had a range of similar examples.

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2010, 05:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.