PDA

View Full Version : Human body modelling and retopology

Demosth3nes
06-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi all, I've just been wondering about a few things to do with the modelling and retopology of a human model(nude).I intend to use the model for animation.

1.Let's say I start off with a base mesh in Maya, then bring the mesh into Mudbox to do my sculpting. Is it advisable to take it over in parts e.g. head+neck in one part and body in another, or sculpt them all together?

2.Another question, after I've done my sculpting I understand that I will need to do the retopology for my new mesh, would I have to take it into topogun or something similar and do the retopology for the human body in groups within the program? (one group being the head, another being the arms, another chest...etc) but have the UVs connected so there is no gaps.

Sorry if I havent made what I'm asking clear, I'm new to mudbox,sculpting and retopology.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Psyk0
06-30-2010, 10:58 PM
1.For a naked body, all together, or else you will have seams.

2.Again, i would keep it as one piece, simply export a lower level mesh to do the retopo.

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2010, 10:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.