PDA

View Full Version : Building: Com Tower

millah
09-21-2003, 08:06 AM
Com Tower. Basically took 1 evening to model and another day or 2 to unwrap and texture.
642 polygons (tris)
1 1024 x 1024 texture with alpha.
It's for the same game that my hover craft is for.
Oh yeah 50 % Illumination.

http://www.millah.com/internship/comtower/tower.jpg

http://www.millah.com/internship/comtower/wire.jpg

Tumerboy
09-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Damn, that's one huge ass building. . .

Anyway, poly's look ok, the texture size would probably end up being about half that.

anyway, the main thing that bugs me is the fact that everything is very uniform. Grey's boring. I would rather see it painted, with decals and stenciled instructions, letters, callsigns whatever. . .

I think the dish and certain sections should stay full metal, but it would be cool to paint it some colors.

can we see closeups on other parts of it? (besides the base)

It would also be good to weather it a bit. . .

Stygian
09-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Man if I stare really close I can see some panels detail on the tower but tumerboy is right beat it up a little nothing that is exposed to the elements is going to stay that clean. I like it :applause:

Noel Cower
09-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Looks nice as usual, Millah. I'd say I agree with everything said already. Only thing that I can say I really don't like is the texturing on the things that would probably be holding it down (those nice little things sticking out of the side of the bottom). That grey sortof panel on it (not the tip) just seems to not fit, in my opinion- maybe make it closer to a brown? Anyways, keep it up. :)

Tylak
09-29-2003, 01:18 AM
it reminds me of the control tower from return of the jedi on endor. It's like star wars esque in a good way. It could use to be a bit dirty, but you've just got to think of what environment it is located. It's it a swampy planet with vines and mud on it, or an ice planet with frost and ice on it.

show us more pictures, lets see that top part closer up and maybe a layout of your textures if you feel like it.

good work

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.