PDA

View Full Version : can't find ilcor10.dll

MJV
09-21-2003, 07:05 AM
I've downloaded the winXP ver. of EXP and install SI SXI EXP (latest) but when i try run the SXI.bat, file SI won't start, the command window closes and nothing??? when i run the SXI.exe, it can't find 'ilcor10.dll

Ilcor10.dll is on my system though.

Maybe it won't run on a dual athlon system, I don't know. What I found most disconcerting is the fact that in their forum, another user had the same problem and ask for a solution on 9/9/2003. No answer. That is not a good sign at all. Is this the lengendary Softimage support?

StefanA
09-21-2003, 10:40 AM
What forum would that be? I suggest that you either e-mail this to the XSI list or send a letter to support@softimage.com
Remember that they don't usually have the time to read postings on forums like this one. If you e-mail the support I can promise you that you will get an answer.

best regards

.stefan andersson

JDex
09-21-2003, 11:22 AM
Sounds like your system is screwing something up... I ran EXP on my XPpro dual Athlon system without problems...

Atyss
09-21-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by MJV
but when i try run the SXI.bat, file SI won't start, the command window closes and nothing??? when i run the SXI.exe, it can't find 'ilcor10.dll

Huh? Sorry but I think you are trying to run the wrong thing. It should be XSI.exe, not XSI.bat. Unless I misunderstood you....

Cheers
Bernard

Alive_&_Kicking
09-21-2003, 04:41 PM
I had the same problem way back with version 3 and for sure you have something screwed up either in your system or in SIXSI installation. The reason is that your environment variables are set incorrectly - at startup, xsi chooses what kind of platform are you on - p4 or p3/athlon and loads the corresponding ilcor10.dll and mental ray library (you have two versions).
Solution: run runonce.bat file in your bin directory again to re-register the modules. Then run xsi.bat again and the application will start (assuming you haven't messed up setenv.bat file)
If that doesn't help reinstall everything (deleting Softimage registry keys)
Cheers, hope it helps

MJV
09-22-2003, 02:32 AM
Thank you A&K, that did the trick.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.