PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Buildings - Reference Question

joryayer
06-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Hey all,

I've been having such an issue trying to find Reference images for Buildings; I can't seem to find any good sites with either blueprints or just line work.

Using photos, I can't seem to find good camera shots of Front, Side, Top, etc.

I'm especially looking for some older Edo period buildings to model. I can find tons of models that people have modeled, but nothing along the lines of good reference material.

Anyone have somewhere they can nudge me?

Dare-o
06-29-2010, 07:01 PM
I typed in 'edo period architecture' on google images and found some pretty solid reference id use if i were to model a building like this

Also I tried flickr (great site) and found some more:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=edo+architecture&m=text

goodluck

joryayer
06-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the references and the ideas. I had searched for a few hours and found alot of those (I'm quite familiar with Google Images), my issue seems to be more of the not having the side and top; more of a blue print reference than photo reference.

It seems almost impossible now a days to get a straight on front image, and so on of the same building unless you can take it in person.

CGTalk Moderation
06-29-2010, 07:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.