PDA

View Full Version : FBX with multiple animation sequences

danielcohn
06-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to put together an fbx file that has multiple animation sequences (ie walk cycle, run cycle, jump, climb) for a single character. I have exported all the animation sequences individually from Maya as fbx, all's good, and I have my fbx character. I tried importing the sequences into the character but it seems to overwrite the animation.

One workaround is doing this in a text editor. But is there is a way to somehow import or load all the animation in Maya and export it out to an fbx (so that when I pass the fbx onto my programmer he ends up with all the actions) without going in and copy/pasting huge chunks of text in a text editor?

Cheers,
Daniel

Darksuit
06-28-2010, 02:25 PM
There are a couple ways to do this.

First way.
Import via FBX into Maya and open the dope sheet and move all the keys forward in the time line to a set frame count like all walks start on frame 500 and jumps are on frame 600 and so forth. This gives each action roughly 100 frames if you need more make some adjustments it shouldn't be too bad.

Second way.
Go grab a copy of the ColladaMaya plugin (feelingsofts Maya Collada Export/Inport codex) this has a import at frame # and will allow you to add in new animations before or after a given frame number.

There are some other ways these are just two. =)

danielcohn
06-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks mate,

I'll give that a try. I think I might have to look into Motion Builder.

Cheers,
D

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2010, 11:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.