PDA

View Full Version : Particle-birth on UVW?

duke
06-28-2010, 02:38 AM
Is it possible to spawn a particle at, say, the bottom left (0,0) of the UVW's of a surface, taking into account tiling, using only the stuff included with Max 2011?

Glacierise
06-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Make a white dot there, and emit with birth texture :)

duke
06-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Make a white dot there, and emit with birth texture :)

Yeah that was my first thought too, but you can't guarantee it will be 1 particle per dot (or pixel, if its an image map). By the way, this is for roof tiles on a curved roof, which unfortunately Batzal Roof Designer doesn't do, but if I can get it to spawn a particle somewhere on the UV's of the roof, like the center or a corner, which the rotation aligned to the normal, I can do it that way. For now i've manually done it by cloning and bending the tiles, but for future referencing i'd love to be able to do it this way.

Glacierise
06-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Well, UVs don't define pixels on the texture map, they are used to do look-ups on it, so I guess you'll need another way, like creating on vertices.

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2010, 09:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.