PDA

View Full Version : little problem with maya deform

giordi
06-27-2010, 05:23 PM
hi guys i m rigging a little really gummy character and so i put over the skinning blendshape etc a squash and stretch deform ... now ... the nose it s separated from the face and it s ball shaped, so i selected both and created the deformer . it works perfectly fine but when i put the deform under the main controll so it will scale with it .... i have a little issue when i squas the nose pull itself away from the mesh and when i stretch it pull itself into the mesh... that happen only if i scale the deformers with the whole rig... any idea about how to fix that??
ps i dunno if it matter when i scale it ... the height is right but the size of the handles of the rig are always the same... (i dunno if it effect my problems though )

MikeRhone
06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
It sounds like you have double-transforms going on (Or more specifically transform+deform). It's going to be realy hard to tell you exactly what is going wrong without actually looking at your scene... Saying that; try and parent the latticeBase to the lattice. Any luck?

Mike

CGTalk Moderation
06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.