PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty in drawing human.

Fusioniz
06-26-2010, 12:18 PM
hi guys, im having real problem drawing human, portraits and from picture as it looks very distorted. i've read up on burne hogarth's dynamic anatomy and giovanni civardi drawing portraits and andrew loomis' drawing the head and hand and fun with pencil... i dont see myself improving and this gives me a sense of fear whenever im drawing human. could someone please give me advice..?i will be very grateful..

Lunatique
06-27-2010, 09:14 AM
You should always post your failed examples so we can see what you're doing wrong.

How long have you been at it? You must understand that the human figure, anatomy, portrait...etc takes a while to get a handle on, and it usually takes years to become good at it. If you've only been at it for a few weeks or months, then that's really nothing in the grand scheme of things. Also, are you learning and practicing smart or are you just aimlessly going through the motion and spinning in circles?

Fusioniz
07-05-2010, 11:57 AM
i think i've been practicing for a few months; on and off... i draw from pictures and magazines.. practicing smart in what aspects?

Lunatique
07-05-2010, 12:51 PM
You need to post your failed attempts so we can see what you're doing wrong.

As for practicing smart, did you read any of the sticky threads in this forum? They are like years of free art school education, so if you're smart, you'll take advantage of them. Start here:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=166&t=844409

Then read all the other sticky threads in this forum.

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2010, 12:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.