PDA

View Full Version : problem rendering within maya

sloth
05-26-2002, 05:35 AM
ok here is the problem.
i have this scene and i want to preform a ipr rendering. what my computer does is renders a part of the scene and then it stops. what are some things that i can check to make sure my render will work. ive rendered things out of maya already so somehting must be checked off or something. i also checked my script editor window and i get a error:

***** Error: -sv "transformTexSelectContext" "texSelectContext -e -image1 \"vacantCell.xpm\" -image2 \"vacantCell.xpm\" -image3 \"vacantCell€
***** Error: "C:/WINNT/Profiles/zack/maya/3.0/prefs/userPrefs.mel" line 586.34: Unterminated string.
***** Error: Execution of userPrefs.mel failed.

Automatic near/far clipping values: 17.3147, 165.591.

also everytime i load maya this pops up: how do i fix this?

***** Error: -sv "transformTexSelectContext" "texSelectContext -e -image1 \"vacantCell.xpm\" -image2 \"vacantCell.xpm\" -image3 \"vacantCell€
***** Error: "C:/WINNT/Profiles/zack/maya/3.0/prefs/userPrefs.mel" line 586.34: Unterminated string.
***** Error: Execution of userPrefs.mel failed.

any help will be nice

ZrO-1
05-26-2002, 06:54 AM
it looks like your user prefrences mel file might have been corrupted or maybe you set something wrong in the prefrences window. I would try setting the prefrences back to defaults and see if that fixes the problem. Also have you installed any custom scripts that you have loading at startup? That could do it as well.

sloth
05-26-2002, 07:10 AM
i tried everything but nothing seems to be getting rid of these errors so i guess its time for reinstallation. thanks for the help

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.