PDA

View Full Version : "skin wrap" particles?

harefort
06-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey guys!

I'm looking for a way to move very many particles with a small number of control particles - like what skin wrap does for vertices.
I tried using two keep apart operators - one to pull particles closer and one to push them away and this kind of works, but there's a lot of jiggling going on as a particle gets pushed around between two control particles.

Is there a better way to do this?

Nickolay411
06-25-2010, 06:15 PM
you could try using 2 lock bonds at 50 percent influence.

and use animated objects to push em back and forth. or animated baked particles maybe?

harefort
06-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Your suggested solution would only works with two surfaces though - not a volume of particles, right?
Or did I miis something?

I thought about using a script - applying the average motion from all particles within a certain range (weighted by distance) - but I'm afraid that'll be way to slow.
Is there any efficient way to attach a force to particles?

Glacierise
06-26-2010, 10:45 AM
You can do these things with pflow box 3, or thinking particles. You can both put a force on a particle, or make other particles follow guide particles.

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2010, 10:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.