PDA

View Full Version : Human rig - IK solver problems

mikepl12
06-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Hello,

I'm currently doing my first real-time game trailer together with my Friend. The book which I am referring to as a guide is Game Character Development with Maya by Antony Ward (New Riders Publishing, 2004). Today I found myself stuck for the first time, in the middle of rigging the main character. I was following the book step by step, creating a FK/IK setup for both hands of my character, and as I finished I found out that they act differently when I move the root joint (located in the lower spine area): one of them retains the original orientation (which is the desired effect ^^) while the other rotates. I tried to capture the problem on the following picture:http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7510/ikproblemswithhands.png (http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7510/ikproblemswithhands.png)

An immediate thought that came to my mind was that I was too dizzy yesterday to follow the instructions properly on the right arm, but then I tried 2 more time setting up the IK solvers and icons from the beginning and I keep getting the same problem.

If anyone could please look at my attached rig and help me diagnose the problem, I would be so grateful! I wish I could finish the whole rig before my Dearest Friend comes back next Wednesday... we set the deadlines for our project really tight :)

Michał

PS. Sorry for posting the same thread again, but I didn't notice the Character Setup specific forum in Maya category, which is very relevant considering that I attached a .mb file... maybe I can get some help here!

sudipto1990
07-19-2010, 07:36 PM
dude ur problem in fixed....u just need to orient constraint the wrist with its controller....its done in this file....have a look....

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2010, 07:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.