PDA

View Full Version : plants avoiding plants

shongu
06-23-2010, 09:39 PM
So working in Vue 7.5. I created a beach enviornemnt using two sets of plants. One was 3 different trees with really lower amounts and the other was two types of grass and rocks. I used the populate button on both and had a perfect environment, but the rocks were just a bit to big. so I changed the size. Now the grass and rocks wont populate anywhere near the trees, making really odd paterns. I tried changing the rock size back but it stills avoiding them. I opened up an older save from right before I changed the rock size, changed it again and the same results. What could be changing in the settings to cause the plants to avoid each other?

AFalk
06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Possibly -- it could be somethign as simple as the layer order you are populating in. Instead of populating the entre multi-layered Ecosystem, try populating thhe layers individually bottom to top.

Also if you have repulsion/attraction set up and change one size parameter on a layer, uless it is the topmost layer, you need to push those changes across each layer - again bottom to top.

AF

cturner3d
07-06-2010, 04:06 AM
So working in Vue 7.5. I created a beach enviornemnt using two sets of plants. One was 3 different trees with really lower amounts and the other was two types of grass and rocks. I used the populate button on both and had a perfect environment, but the rocks were just a bit to big. so I changed the size. Now the grass and rocks wont populate anywhere near the trees, making really odd paterns. I tried changing the rock size back but it stills avoiding them. I opened up an older save from right before I changed the rock size, changed it again and the same results. What could be changing in the settings to cause the plants to avoid each other?

Do you have the populate near foreign objects unchecked?

shongu
07-12-2010, 03:01 PM
It is currently checked and I did attempt to populat from top down and bottom up and neithre changed the situation. It seems like th grass might be avoiding the top of the hills then, because most of the trees were on hills and the grass wont go there even without the trees.

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2010, 03:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.