PDA

View Full Version : 3d stills Gallery

theglenster
06-23-2010, 05:57 PM
i was wondering if anyone has had any problems with trying to get your work accepted into the 3d stills gallery?
i sent this render earlyer * link (http://img.i7m.de/show/nu3jk.jpg) * and got this answer back......

I am sorry but we have recently changed our minimum standards for the gallery. The gallery requirements are currently being re-written to reflect this. Your presentation is not acceptable, as we no longer accept models that are just stuck onto flat coloured backgrounds, unless this is part of a stylistic approach. Please present your work in a more finished manner.

.....which is pretty contradictory when you see whats on the first page in the gallery.
does this basicly mean that i cant ever show anything in the gallery? beacause i realy cant be arsed to put every modelling study into a scene. i notice though that the character modelers dont get hit with this rule.
anyway was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same....?

LemonNado
06-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Cmon... it is bland... Nice model but it looks unfinished.
Great WIP right now but no way final artwork status.
At least create a 'studio' scene in which the car is located.
Finish the scene and it will be a great piece. I love that car!
But I agree.... you shall never be arsed!
Cheers
Rainer

theglenster
06-23-2010, 06:55 PM
no way final artwork status

-penny drop- ah now i get it!

i forgot it would be looked at as a piece of art rather than an illustration.
thanks for the heads up.

vid2k2
06-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Nice Isetta. I like all the added upgrades :thumbsup:

I'd agree that the render should tell a story in a total environment.
You're just about there. I'd add to what you have and resubmit :)

( OT: I had a red one that needed all kinds of restoration. Luckily,
all the glass was in tact with a canvas roof. I planned to do it but
never did get around to getting it done. Finally, I sold it.)

theglenster
06-23-2010, 08:25 PM
thanks for the comment vid2k2, but seriously i had not look at it from an artistic point of view, as an illustrator and not an artist i never do. its just a modeling study and now i know thats not alowed in the gallery.
thanks again, case closed.

CGTalk Moderation
06-23-2010, 08:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.