PDA

View Full Version : Need Help For A Beginner!

Lodo13
06-23-2010, 03:17 AM
Hey guys I'm somewhat new to blender and I was wondering if someone could take the time to personally help me with modeling. I'm looking forward to finally be able to do my dream and hopefully future career of game designing (I'm only 13 :D). I'm not a complete noob I know mostly all the controls and the basics and I have been doing this for about 2 weeks so I have the hang of it by now just looking to go advanced :D. I also did make a base model of my first character. And please please don't reply "what exactly do you need help on" I will specify it when we talk.

Ways Of Contact-

Most Likely To Find Me- (AIM) Rakfootball27

Maybe- (PM Me) Lodo13

Maybe- (MSN) Lodo1245@gmail.com

Thanks In Advance! :applause:

Animasta
06-23-2010, 03:17 AM
Why don't you just post here? I doubt someone is going to actually take the time to tutor you. If you post here when you are having an issue with something (i.e. you are having trouble modeling this or that) then someone can simply point you in the right direction instead of having to email you (which isn't ideal if someone else is having the same issue as you are).

Lodo13
06-23-2010, 03:28 AM
I knew someone was going to say that.. I learn A LOT faster if someone is actually teaching me not just watching a video or going on a forum. I posted this to see if someone COULD help me this way its not like I'm making you.

Lodo13
06-23-2010, 05:06 AM
I wasn't :D and do you think you could help me..?

Animasta
06-23-2010, 05:11 AM
No need to get hostile dude.

joryayer
06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Lodo,

I think that what Animasta is trying to say that the quantity of people on the forums can assist you so much faster, and offer different insight that just one person may not be able to.

Tutorials and Training manuals (Foundation and introduction guides) will assist you in learning the basics; and all of the tutorials available in Maya (or whatever software you plan on using) should get you a good footing.

Everyone on here has always been more than helpful when I've been working on tutorial projects, and posted for assistance. Or even on my own projects.

I'd definitely recommend just posting a render or screencap and asking for assistance.
If you want more in-depth training (someone walking you through it), then the workshops would help; but you want a basic foundation before you start those.

Once you graduate high school, there are quite a few schools that can help you advance your career. I'm personally self taught, and have used these forums, google, and a few friends to help out. Using everything that is available to you is better than limiting yourself.

I hope I gave you some insight!

CGTalk Moderation
06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.