PDA

View Full Version : SIGGRAPH 2010 Student Volunteers

TiffanyMills
06-22-2010, 10:16 PM
I知 new to the CG forums, well actually I'm new to forums in general, so hopefully I知 putting this in the right place! I知 looking to connect with fellow art enthusiasts that are going to be Student Volunteers for SIGGRAPH 2010! This will be my first time at SIGGRAPH, and I知 extremely excited!

I still need to update my portfolio on this site, so for now you can visit my demo reel site here: http://wix.com/tiffanysketch/TiffanyMills (http://wix.com/tiffanysketch/TiffanyMills)

Some quick information on me, I知 currently a student at Animation Mentor and am studying Character Animation. I知 in the final class and will be finished in February. Is anyone else an SV that痴 attending/attended AM? Outside of school, I work as a freelance illustrator and as an animator at Us-Reports.

I知 absolutely thrilled and cant wait to get in cahoots with my fellow SV痴!! Its going to be a great party. Hope to hear from you all soon!

alejofonck
06-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi, I just registered to the forum, and I will also be a SV. I'm coming from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, where I am completing my MS in Computer Science. My thesis work is in the area of global illumination, so I'm pretty excited to meet lots of people involved in this world.

LouisFrenchy
06-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Hey !

I come from France and hope it's going to be a great party too :beer:

Lukasvfx
06-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Hi Guys,
I live in orlando Fl. I am one of the SV for Siggraph 2010. I was wondering where could i find roommates in order to share accomadtion ? any idea??

LouisFrenchy
07-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi Guys,
I live in orlando Fl. I am one of the SV for Siggraph 2010. I was wondering where could i find roommates in order to share accomadtion ? any idea??

Absolutely no idea ! Sorry Guy

Ask the SV chair

Lukasvfx
07-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi every one,

I am a SV for Siggraph 2010. I would like to know if any one is looking for a roommate in order to lower the hotel cost.

If some one is interested please send me an email to:
lukasvfx@yahoo.com
or you can
call me 407.346.9780

So far I will share the hotel room with other Student volunteer ........ we are looking for two more people.

sonyaballas
07-06-2010, 06:07 PM
If you guys haven't seen the email yet, SVs have their own section in the CG forums, and it includes first-time questions as well as room mate finder forums. Check that email out because it will give you access to everything!

jackinoob
07-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a roommate, preferably female, to share a room in the Sheraton Hotel from July 24 - July 30. We are already two people (1 Male, 1 Female) sharing this room, so you'd be a third. The cost is 180$ including all taxes and fees. Split 3-ways, your share would be 60$ a night.

please message me if interested.

JeremyK
07-08-2010, 07:16 PM
SV's, go ahead and head over here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=257

DavidJoyner
07-14-2010, 12:24 AM
"I'm coming from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, where I am completing my MS in Computer Science"

Dude! I'm comin' from Raleigh too! SV from the Living Arts College in the 3D Animation/Game Design program! This is my first SIGGRAPH, but I'm sure it won't be my last. Any others out there in Game Design?

JerseyJenny77
07-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I am so excited! I am new to SIGGRAPH as well. I was hoping to get a small group of SV's together who plan on attending after shift events, like the chapters party, the houdini party, etc. I think it is good to stick together when navigating a big city like LA. This would also make cab fare and stuff a little cheaper, if we can not walk to where we need to go. Also walking in a small pack might be safer! If anyone is interested please let me know! I will be attending most functions!

JCork
07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
SV's, go ahead and head over here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=257
You beat me to it, Jeremy! Haha!

Can't wait to meet all you SVs during the week. I'm a TL, so I promise to try and remember your names as best as I can. :cool:

javierluiso
07-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Hi Jennyfer.
Today morning I offer you to swap to hour of my schedule on Sunday Beacuse I'm interested in your offer for Monday 15.00 18.00
Well, Did you accept my offer? Because it disappeared of my schedule but your offer didnt appear.
I don't know what has happened.

Thanks
Javier

I am so excited! I am new to SIGGRAPH as well. I was hoping to get a small group of SV's together who plan on attending after shift events, like the chapters party, the houdini party, etc. I think it is good to stick together when navigating a big city like LA. This would also make cab fare and stuff a little cheaper, if we can not walk to where we need to go. Also walking in a small pack might be safer! If anyone is interested please let me know! I will be attending most functions!

alejofonck
07-22-2010, 07:57 AM
"I'm coming from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, where I am completing my MS in Computer Science"

Dude! I'm comin' from Raleigh too! SV from the Living Arts College in the 3D Animation/Game Design program! This is my first SIGGRAPH, but I'm sure it won't be my last. Any others out there in Game Design?

I don't know about any others in the game lab, there's another one comming from the CS department but I think she's doing data visualization.

alejofonck
07-22-2010, 07:58 AM

Ey Jenn, how's this going, I'm down for joining the pack.

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2010, 07:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.