PDA

View Full Version : can somebody render this maxwell 2 scene?

immolatus
06-22-2010, 02:44 PM
I have a large scene with lots of geomertry. It was rendering fine until couple of days ago. I have no idea what the problem is so maybe you guys can help. I cannot render previous versions of the file also. My other scenes render just fine with maxwell2. I uninstalled and installed the plugin again but it didn't make any difference. I tried to render with maya 2011 but the results are the same. It gives an error at the end of the export process.

I have deleted everything in the scene just to narrow down the problem but it still doesn't render. Please let me know if you can render this scene with maxwell 2. Its a maya 2009 scene.

cgbeige
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
crashes for me too. Contact Mihnea or someone at Next Limit. Best to use their forum. I'll PM you Mihnea's email (he's the the Maya Maxwell plug-in writer).

immolatus
06-24-2010, 11:58 PM
crashes for me too. Contact Mihnea or someone at Next Limit. Best to use their forum. I'll PM you Mihnea's email (he's the the Maya Maxwell plug-in writer).

Thank you cgbeige. It appears the problem is solved when you select options containing .ext in the render panel. if you don't select an extention maxwell gives an error. hope this helps someone.

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2010, 11:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.