PDA

View Full Version : Art Gallery Submission Declined Message

Hypercreed
06-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi Everyone! I'm trying to figure out how the portfolio and gallery functions work, I recently got this message in my email:

"Your submission has been declined for the following reason(s):
* This piece of work has already been accepted into the gallery. Please do not resubmit work that you have submitted before.
*** PLEASE NOTE *** You have already received this message multiple times, and ignored it. If you ignore it one more time, you may be banned permanently from this site. Please do NOT ignore this again."

Obviously, I don't want to be banned. I was merely trying to upload the correct file to my portfolio because I previously uploaded a sketch rather than the final art. I already deleted the sketch and left the final art (appropriately titled as such: http://hypercreed.cgsociety.org/gallery/894305/) in the portfolio, not sure though if this has satisfied the issue that I got an email for.

Please help. Thanks in advance to the moderators!

Myles

leigh
06-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Hello. Please be aware that it's very frustrating for the person doing the gallery validation to keep having to send someone the same message over and over, only to be ignored each time. The Showcase gallery is for finished work only; as such, you're not supposed to submit unfinished work there, and any piece that we accept, we accept on the assumption that the piece is complete. Because of this, updates are not allowed in any circumstances. Once you've submitted a piece, that's it. If you wish to post an update, then you can post the update in your own portfolio and post a link to it in the original piece's thread.

Apart from the reason mentioned above, the other reason why we do not allow updates under any circumstances is simply out of fairness. Every day we have numerous people submitting work to the gallery, and each of them is hoping for replies and views. Many people do not receive much, if any, of either. It's therefore unfair to allow someone to repeatedly submit the same work after they've already received attention, thus depriving other people of attention in their threads.

I hope this clears up the issue for you.

Hypercreed
06-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi Leigh,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, sorry for any inconvenience. It's my first time to upload files to my portfolio and I'm still trying to find my way around. I just wanted to make sure that by deleting the sketch file and leaving the final art in my portfolio gallery will be enough to avoid being banned. It was completely my mistake as I uploaded the sketch file (which has an almost identical filename as the final art on my laptop) rather than the finished work.

Thanks again for your help.

Myles

CGTalk Moderation
06-22-2010, 11:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.