PDA

View Full Version : Cg shaders in Cinema 4D: new release of C4Dfx

j.loviscach
09-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Hi all,

on http://www.l7h.cn/cgi-bin/index.php?a=3 you find C4Dfx 0.15, the next alpha release of my Cg real-time shader plug-in for Maxon Cinema 4D. It now offers more functionality than known from nVidia's Cg plug-ins for Alias Maya and discreet 3ds max.

The new version of the C4Dfx plug-in handles any Cinema 4D geometry (subdivision surfaces, parametric objects, deformers, etc.). The avi renderer now has a preview window. In addition to using .fx shader files, I've begun to emulate the standard Cinema 4D material. Together with the avi renderer, this works like Alias Maya's hardware renderer. But in C4Dfx it's fully integrated with Cg shaders.

A screenshot to look at: http://www.l7h.cn/media/c4dfx.jpg

Have fun!

Regards,
Jörn Loviscach

rirad
09-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the update. This is a very interesting project you are working on. I tried the plugin but unfortunatly it crashes.
What I did was the following:
Installed the plugin and installed cGsetup.exe (cg_compiler)

I opened Cinema, created a cube and a light. Created a cgfx texture and assigned that to the cube. I opened the cgtexture and loaded the phong.fx from the demo folder. The cube was already inserted in the assign tab. In the c4dfx settings tab I drag the light object to the light pos fiels.
I selected the C4dFX renderer option from the plugin menu and select render to window.
A window pops up (grey) and after a few seond C4D crashes (the error report window opens) If I don't press one of the buttons from the error menu, the c4dfx window truns white (this probably doesn't mean anything.

I am using a ATI 9700 Pro card. I know you use the Nvidia 5900 card so maybe the plugin is just not compatible yet but I thought I let you know anyway.

j.loviscach
09-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by rirad
What I did was the following
That looks ok. Somewhere there seems to be a bug hidden in my initialization procedure (three parallel threads ... arrrgh). Hopefully I catch that by testing with some larger scenes. I have now a reasonably working emulation of the standard Cinema 4D material, so tests with existing scenes become easier.

Jörn

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.