PDA

View Full Version : How to export every thing from..........

MrScorpion
06-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi friends, my question is:

How to export every thing(body,clothes,...etc) from zbrush to maya?

ezekiel66
06-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Because the poly count of the objects in zbrush is so high it might not be a good idea to export the objects 1:1 to Maya. You can do this of course by clicking on tool -> export and save your subtools in obj format which you can then import into Maya.

It would be better though to just export displacement or normal maps from zbrush and apply those to your lowres model in Maya.

MrScorpion
06-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Because the poly count of the objects in zbrush is so high it might not be a good idea to export the objects 1:1 to Maya. You can do this of course by clicking on tool -> export and save your subtools in obj format which you can then import into Maya.

It would be better though to just export displacement or normal maps from zbrush and apply those to your lowres model in Maya.

first of all, thanx for your replay

second,when i click export i can't export every thing 1:1

my project's subtools is 10 subtools

so when i want to export , it gives me 1:10

MrScorpion
06-22-2010, 03:21 PM

i did as you said but when i import .obj file into maya , it says (out of memory)

ezekiel66
06-22-2010, 03:35 PM
i did as you said but when i import .obj file into maya , it says (out of memory)

You have read my post right? What I said was that it makes no sense to import a zbrush model 1:1 into Maya. No other program besides Zbrush and Mudbox is designed for such a high poly count. No other programs can handle that. Your zbrush polygon model is of no use outside of zbrush unless you have loads of system RAM, and even then you will not be able to edit the model with acceptable viewport performance.

Either you have to use decimation master to create a version of your model with considerably lower poly count and export that decimated model to Maya, or you just export textures (displacement or normal maps) from zbrush and assign those to your low poly model in Maya.

MrScorpion
06-24-2010, 12:58 AM
You have read my post right? What I said was that it makes no sense to import a zbrush model 1:1 into Maya. No other program besides Zbrush and Mudbox is designed for such a high poly count. No other programs can handle that. Your zbrush polygon model is of no use outside of zbrush unless you have loads of system RAM, and even then you will not be able to edit the model with acceptable viewport performance.

Either you have to use decimation master to create a version of your model with considerably lower poly count and export that decimated model to Maya, or you just export textures (displacement or normal maps) from zbrush and assign those to your low poly model in Maya.

Thanx a lot :)

Now i understand what you have said

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2010, 12:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.