PDA

View Full Version : Help! >> Batch Renders are making two cycles of the same animation.

projectironwill
09-19-2003, 07:00 PM
Now when I do a render in Maya, I always seem to get a double dose of action everytime.
Once the final frame has rendered in a batch render, the render keeps going but back at the begining and renders all the frames again.
The second continuous run has an extended file name with the Camera Shape node that the render is being shot from.
As far as I can tell the two sets of renders are identical to each other.

Project_Ball_Box.0001.iff
Project_Ball_Box.0002.iff
and on to...
Project_Ball_Box.0449.iff
Project_Ball_Box.0450.iff
Project_Ball_Box_ACTIONShape1.0001.iff
Project_Ball_Box_ACTIONShape1.0002.iff
and on to...
Project_Ball_Box_ACTIONShape1.0449.iff
Project_Ball_Box_ACTIONShape1.0450.iff

It seems as if it's being told to make two copies, and it's
adding the CameraNode to keep from erasing the first files, but the whole process is done in one sweep making the render time twice as
long in the mayaRenderLog.txt So yes, instead of rendering only 450 images, I'm getting 900 images!

Any idea what may be causing this? I'm sure it's somewhere in the renderglobals, but I can't seem to find it.
Below is where the two render ends meet. There is no break in process of the render. It really acts like one big render.

Thank You
Scott Hill

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Automatic near/far clipping values: 0.1, 44.1855.
Result: C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/maya/projects/MSC/Project_Ball_Box.0450.iff
Constructing shading groups.

Generating shadow map for Box_FloorShape, with clipping values: 0.01 45.7346
Generating shadow map for Ball_FloorShape, with clipping values: 0.01 45.6188
Rendering current frame.
Frame triangle count: 2336

====================================
Resource Usage At End Of Frame
1958 Page faults
86.566 Mb Peak total size(Estimated)
17.937 Mb Peak arena size
86.559 Mb Current
6.250 Mb MEL
6.667 Mb Render Cache
1.000 Mb NURBS AG
0.313 Mb Data Blocks
0.125 Mb Keys
0.125 Mb Transforms
0.007 Mb Render Geometry Arena
0.125 Mb NURBS Surface Shapes
Postprocessing rendering result.
Time For Tessellation (hh:mm:ss): 00:00:00
Time For Shadow Map (hh:mm:ss): 00:00:00
Time For Post Process (hh:mm:ss): 00:00:00
Time For Frame Render (hh:mm:ss): 00:00:04
Finished Rendering C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/maya/projects/MSC/Project_Ball_Box.0450.iff
------------------------------------------------------------

Automatic near/far clipping values: 0.1, 44.1842.
Result: C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/maya/projects/MSC/Project_Ball_Box_ACTIONShape1.0001.iff
Constructing shading groups.

Generating shadow map for Box_FloorShape, with clipping values: 0.01 45.7346
Generating shadow map for Ball_FloorShape, with clipping values: 0.01 45.6188
Rendering current frame.
Frame triangle count: 776

Resource Usage At End Of Frame
1939 Page faults
86.563 Mb Peak total size(Estimated)
86.902 Mb Current
6.250 Mb MEL
6.667 Mb Render Cache
1.000 Mb NURBS AG
0.313 Mb Data Blocks
0.125 Mb Keys
0.125 Mb Transforms
0.007 Mb Render Geometry Arena
Postprocessing rendering result.
Time For Tessellation (hh:mm:ss): 00:00:00
Time For Shadow Map (hh:mm:ss): 00:00:00
Time For Post Process (hh:mm:ss): 00:00:00
Time For Frame Render (hh:mm:ss): 00:00:03
Finished Rendering C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/maya/projects/MSC/Project_Ball_Box_ACTIONShape1.0001.iff
------------------------------------------------------------

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Resource Usage At End Of Rendering
301 Page faults
87.125 Mb Peak total size(Estimated)
84.594 Mb Current
6.250 Mb MEL
6.667 Mb Render Cache
1.000 Mb NURBS AG
0.313 Mb Data Blocks
0.125 Mb Keys
0.125 Mb Transforms
Total Time For Render (hh:mm:ss): 01:00:52
Total Elapsed Time For Maya (hh:mm:ss): 01:00:54

Andrei2k
09-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Here's your problem.......you must have added a camera so now you have multiple renderable cameras that both output images.....you should select the came "output" or "box" whichever you don't want and hit ctrl+A to bring up the attribute editor of that camera and in the output section uncheck the box that says renderable. for future reference now in render globals in the list of the cameras to render you should no longer see (renderable) by more than one camera which is how you know iff youll output more that one camera in one batch render. any time you see (renderable) along side any camera names it means its set to renderable and all of those cameras will render

only time this is useful is when you want to render different cameras of the same scene to put them together later in premiere or something. this way you can "queue" more than one job so when you go to sleep in the morning you wont have to hit render on another camera and hopefully both are done depending on what youre doing.

Hope this helps.

Andrei

h0tice
09-19-2003, 10:50 PM
one workaround that i do to check which camera is renderable or not:

in the commandLine type "select defaultRenderGlobals;" without the quote and hit enter.

then ctrl+a for the attributeEditor.

you can see now if you have two or more renderable cameras.

hope this helps

projectironwill
09-20-2003, 03:20 AM
I thank you for your advice, however, the ACTION camera should be the only one renderable, but then again I made a shelf button that creates a new perps camera and renames that "persp1" to "ACTION1", makes it renderable, and disables the render of the orginal persp camera. But I will go and check both the MEL button as well as each camera to see if they are checked renderable.

I usally tell it to read from the ACTION camera from the drop down menu, and the other cameras are face a different direction, so when the render completes, it is indeed the same camera set-up that I choose, but just doubled up.

I'll check the orginal persp camera and see if it is lined up with the ACTION1 camera.

Thanks

projectironwill
09-20-2003, 07:21 AM
What happen was that when I used my homemade MEL shelf button to create a new camera named ACTION1, it would place it on the orgin of the scene, which sometimes was inside a model. So I edit it to create a persp camera instead and name it, but in this case, it place the new persp1 AKA ACTION1 right over the orginal persp camera which is renderable by default. I checked the attribute for that camera and sure enough, it was checked to render, so Maya rendered the persp camera first, then the ACTION1 camera that I told it to render from the second time through. I've since then updated my MEL to set the persp camera attr not to render, and place it at the top of my list!

Thanks for your tips!

projectironwill
09-20-2003, 07:28 AM
I decided to post the button that I homebrewed here for you all to try out. Below is that button as well as an ACTION2 Button to go beside it. However, I figure I better put in the right section of the site. Please follow the link below

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89534

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.