PDA

View Full Version : multiple rings

nobrain
09-19-2003, 06:37 PM
First let me apologize for posting a simple question that I'm sure a lot of you know the answer to, basically I need to create multiple rings in photo shop sort of like the rings in on an lp (vinyl record), does anybody know how to do this, I tried radial gradient with grey to black to grey to black and so on but the spacing is still to big and there are like a million rings on an lp.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanx

betelgeuse
09-19-2003, 07:22 PM
Square canvas > put a bunch of horizontal lines on it > filter: polar coordinates - rectangular to polar.

Primitive
09-19-2003, 07:29 PM
Try this out:

Create a new layer and make a circular shape.
Open up the layer style for the layer and make a gradient overlay, open the gradient editor and select the set "Noise samples. They are basicly what you tried to do with the whole "black to grey to black" thing.

You've probably figured out that a color overlay would wipe out all those flashy colors, and that you have to change the style of the gradient to radial.

nobrain
09-19-2003, 11:05 PM
thanx fellas, both suggestions work great, especially the first one cause I need it to be fine as possible, this will create a bump effect on the vinyl .

thanx again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.