PDA

View Full Version : new to Zbrush - some basic questions

Kayzer
06-21-2010, 07:21 AM
1. how can i select an object that i imported from Maya into Zbrush?

2. how can i raise it's Sdiv's at the Geometry tab?

3. how can i solo an object? (if lets say i imported 4 objects)

4. how can i pick the smooth brush? because when i pick it, it doesnt appear at the left brushes window..

thanks!

ezekiel66
06-21-2010, 02:05 PM
1. how can i select an object that i imported from Maya into Zbrush?

Select it as your active subtool.

2. how can i raise it's Sdiv's at the Geometry tab?

Click on "Divide"?

3. how can i solo an object? (if lets say i imported 4 objects)

Save the objects as separate tools. Open one of the tools and append the other objects as subtools. Select the subtool you want to work on in the subtool list. You can toggle visibility of the individual subtools there also.

4. how can i pick the smooth brush? because when i pick it, it doesnt appear at the left brushes window..

The smooth brush is activated when you press the SHIFT button. It is not possible to select only the smooth brush by itself.

Kayzer
06-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Great, thanks! One other question - how can i apply a texture onto an object? Because when i import it, nothing happens..

Oh, and how can i access the emapper? (or something like that.. You use it when you wanna move back from zbrush to maya)

ezekiel66
06-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Import the texture, then go to Tool -> texture map and select your texture there. This will only work obviously if the object has UVs.

I suggest that you look for zbrush tutorials and work through these before asking any more of these more than basic questions here, there are great video tutorials on the pixologic website.

Kayzer
06-22-2010, 03:31 PM
ya i know, it's just that i followed a tutorial that explains how to integrate Zbrush with Maya, and i have version 3.5 R3, while the version which was used in the tutorial was 3 or lower.. so i didn't know where to find some things that were showed there due to the differences between both versions.

CGTalk Moderation
06-22-2010, 03:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.