PDA

View Full Version : Silent Animations Suggestions

Splinter
06-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since we have held the animation mini-challenge. So naturally I am excited about starting up, and hearing from everyone once again :bounce:

Earlier this month I noticed some suggestions on topics for the "Pantomime" portion of the challenge. You can find them at the bottom of this post. If you have any other topic suggestions please share. I have also added few more ideas to the list. You know what they say, "The More the Marrier!" Or something like that.

Topic Suggestions:

Picking up a box and throwing it
Climbing something laboriously
Talking/yelling on the phone
Surprise! (a character being surprised)
Showing off
Running and tripping on something
Trying to cross a very busy street
Annoying the still-as-a-rock Guard on duty
peer pressure
walking into a scene and getting surprised/scared by something and running off screen.. possibly to avoid an object being thrown at the character
A dogfight (Airplanes)
A dogfight (Animals)
A amputee dance off (Too insensitive?)
Limbs in different places, E.G Someone using their arms to run.
Backflip
Killing a zombie with an inflatable mallet
Human taking on the movements of an animal
Have a character do something dumb. Be creative with it.

Keep the ideas flowing everyone!!!

googboog8
06-21-2010, 07:53 PM
walking into a scene and getting surprised/scared by something and running off screen.. possibly to avoid an object being thrown at the character

ForbidSteel
06-23-2010, 10:50 AM
A T-Rex with a monocle and top hat riding a horsey....

To precise?

A dogfight (Airplanes)
A dogfight (Animals)
A amputee dance off (Too insensitive?)
Limbs in different places, E.G Someone using their arms to run.
Backflip
Killing a zombie with an inflatable mallet
Human taking on the movements of an animal

Okay well that's my 3 minutes of questionable ideas, hopefully there is a useable one in there somewhere...

VM
06-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey.
There's so much talking in these animation challenges and so little actual animation... (I guess that's why it's called cgtalk... hahaha). There should be a challenge every month, even if it's a simple challenge, mostly for fun. And people would gather.

OK, suggestion:
Have a character do something dumb. Be creative with it. :P

Splinter
06-23-2010, 02:42 PM
@VM - Don't worry. The animation challenge will start up in a few more days. For the record, this is a monthly challenge, it always has been :D. Just have a little patience you'll see. I do hope to see you in the challenge.

The list is getting to be a pretty good size. Soon I will start another thread for us to discuss which topic we would like to use for the month of July.

VM
06-23-2010, 08:55 PM
@VM - Don't worry. The animation challenge will start up in a few more days. For the record, this is a monthly challenge, it always has been :D. Just have a little patience you'll see. I do hope to see you in the challenge.
It is? I didn't realize it's monthly. The forum seems pretty empty... including the past sessions archive. I'm confused.

kbetter
06-24-2010, 06:30 PM
I was actually in the same boat as VM, searching fro where a lot of this stuff was happening... but looking forward to a new challenge, thank you!

Kaleidoscope
06-24-2010, 09:30 PM
I absolutely love this! Count me in for the next months challenge :) I just read some threads on the Hardcore Modelling challenge as was kind of sad to see how empty this forum was. Very excited to see that you guys are planning another one though :) Keep it up.

Splinter
06-25-2010, 05:49 AM
It is? I didn't realize it's monthly. The forum seems pretty empty... including the past sessions archive. I'm confused.

Lmao!!! Sorry that's my fault. If you go to the bottom of the board in the main mini-challenge (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135) forum and change the "From The" field to "Last Year" you should be able to see what took place with in the last challenges. I have been really thrown into a whirl wind, so I haven't had a chance to keep up. Although I think that I've finally got a good grip on things so the challenge will be starting up once again.

On a side note I really hope to see you all around for July's challenge.

Kaleidoscope
06-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Lmao!!! Sorry that's my fault. If you go to the bottom of the board in the main mini-challenge (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135) forum and change the "From The" field to "Last Year" you should be able to see what took place with in the last challenges. I have been really thrown into a whirl wind, so I haven't had a chance to keep up. Although I think that I've finally got a good grip on things so the challenge will be starting up once again.

On a side note I really hope to see you all around for July's challenge.

That helped me aswell! Makes alot more sense instead of the whole animation challenge forum would only consist of three threads :P
Thanks Splinter

Splinter
06-25-2010, 06:40 PM
No problem Clockswork

Splinter
06-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Alright everyone, there is only a couple more days before July and the new challenge begins. I think we have a really big list of good ideas for the challenge. So if you're ready, please click on this link (HERE (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=6580824#post6580824)) and post your vote for the challenge. At the end of the month I will tally all of the votes and we can begin to choose the topic or audio clip for next month.

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2010, 05:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.