PDA

View Full Version : smooth mesh and on face controlers question.

Giap
06-19-2010, 02:27 AM
I am trying to make on-face-control by using the rivet script to attach locators on mesh surfaces. Everything set up properly and work great on lowpoly mesh. But when I smooth the mesh, all locators moved away too (to the right side of the mouth in this case).

So I wonder how you smooth your mesh after you set up on face control for your lowpoly mesh. Please give me some advice.

Giap.

jaredr
06-19-2010, 03:51 AM
Try using smooth mesh preview (hit 3). You can render a smoothed version of the mesh with mental ray. without actually changing the mesh This will maintain uvs also, and should keep the controls working correctly. You can adjust the settings in the attribute editor for the mesh.

Giap
06-19-2010, 08:20 AM
I even forgot that feature =.= thanks for the help ;)

tonytouch
06-19-2010, 09:50 AM
you can also duplicate your mesh , and then create a blendshape from the mesh which deforms , to the other mesh - then you can smooth this one instead of the original_mesh , this might be helpful when you render e.g. in VRAY or any other renderer / which does not support the smoothMeshPreview )

CGTalk Moderation
06-19-2010, 09:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.