PDA

View Full Version : zDepth->Fluid Emission

ruchitinfushion
06-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Hello everyone,Recently i started new R&D on fluid emission from zDepth render pass.And here is my first test Depth Emission. (http://www.vimeo.com/12675981)
About Scene:>>
File texture node loaded with render sequence of zDepth.And using colorAtPoint cmd i m capturing red channel from file texture node.and with setAttr i added fluid density in Z index of fluid container.

Now help me to get high detail @ mide rez wid nice wispy wind motion.Thank you
And special thanks to Jeremy Raven for this code
int $Xres = fluidShape1.resolutionW;
int $Yres = fluidShape1.resolutionH;

float $color[] = `colorAtPoint -o RGBA -su $Xres -sv $Yres file1`;
float $alphaMult = 1;
float $rgbMult = 1;

int $i, $j, $num=0;
for ($i=0; $i < $Xres; $i++) {
for ($j=0; $j < $Yres; $j++) {

setFluidAttr -at "density" -xi $i -yi $j -fv ($color[$num*4+3]*$alphaMult ) fluidShape1;
setFluidAttr -at "color" -xi $i -yi $j -vv ($color[$num*4]*$rgbMult) ($color[$num*4+1]*$rgbMult) ($color[$num*4+2]*$rgbMult) fluidShape1;
$num++;
}
}

Aikiman
06-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Hey man, its good to see you trying new methods and pushing your own understanding as it gives me ideas as well.

BTW Hope you got permission from Peter to use his scene ;)

ruchitinfushion
06-19-2010, 01:39 AM
BTW Hope you got permission from Peter to use his scene ;)
Actually here in this scene nothing is by peter.character animation from visor & for fluid density emission, I used ur code(just edit in 2D fluid to 3D fluid).

Aikiman
06-19-2010, 01:44 AM
Ok sorry I mentioned it, I didnt realise there was an animated clip in visor.

ruchitinfushion
06-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Ok sorry I mentioned it, I didnt realise there was an animated clip in visor.Lol,It's ok .now help me to get more nice output.And also if anybody know good site to download free animated character then it will be great(I want animated face like shouting).

Aikiman
06-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Peters samples can emit color into fluid via texture node or per vertex, have a look at the teapot example pointCloudFluidEmitter.

ruchitinfushion
06-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Hello Masterzzzz, can you ppl make interactive application for our maya fluid parameter .I think it will help lot.
Here is for fumefx
http://rapidshare.com/files/324950202/FumeFX_properties.rar
All the best.

CGTalk Moderation
06-19-2010, 06:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.