PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Luxology Modo Forum?

brianod
06-17-2010, 01:46 AM
It's not in the forum list anymore. Is this a policy change or just a glitch?

Dionicio
06-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Archived, baby:

Legacy Forums - Luxology Modo (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=141)

Grgeon
06-17-2010, 02:23 AM
looks like they sent a bunch of app forums packing. spring cleaning?

-George

ThE_JacO
06-17-2010, 03:44 AM
looks like they sent a bunch of app forums packing. spring cleaning?

-George
More or less. When a forum is inactive for days and gets a couple threads on its best week, and the corresponding forums on the sw house own site do well, there's little point keeping it around.

And btw, there's a website support forum EXACTLY for things like these, GD isn't a catch all for everything ;)

calilifestyle
06-17-2010, 04:39 AM
dude they even dropped Messiah . wtf

calilifestyle
06-17-2010, 04:43 AM
wtf the website is all fcked. i mean under under software specific they placed composting software. how does that work out

mister3d
06-17-2010, 06:16 AM
wtf the website is all fcked. i mean under under software specific they placed composting software. how does that work out
Rationally they should have placed all in categories, like 2d, 3d software, but it would make the structure more complicated. The number of users which are interested in compositing is much smaller than 3d software or photoshop.

ThE_JacO
06-17-2010, 07:20 AM
dude they even dropped Messiah . wtf
Yeah, as well as shake if it comes to that. The fact they had a single digit (or 0 in the case of shake) number of posts in the last month was a big factor in that decision ;)
The fact the former is silent and the latter has been officially discontinued for a while now also had its weight of course.

Shake being dead, nuke not getting much traffic, and AFX getting a bit means that there's not a point in having a forum each, and it fragmented posting and prevented the critical mass of posts that keeps a forum spinning.
It works out because it's meant to be for software specific subjects regarding the mentioned compositing softwares, which is different from the subject of compositing in general. Subforums for the specific softwares might or might not be added if this configuration doesn't liven up the comp community a bit I understand.

AFalk
06-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Sadly, even things like the Vue forum got dropped to archvie status, guessing, just not enough traffic. Visit that one every day -- ah well guess one more click wont hurt but it wil surely slow down the chance of any newcomers coming in

leigh
06-17-2010, 03:12 PM
I doubt it's brought in many newcomers, if any at all, in all the years that we've had it.

Burritoh
06-17-2010, 09:29 PM
I was just telling a coworker how for the last week or so, the modo forum was getting more attention than the XSI forum, where there seemed to be very little activity. Nice. Ah well, it's not my forum to run.

mrreynolds
06-18-2010, 01:31 AM
It's sad that it has so few attention. I just love Modo.

THX1311
06-18-2010, 04:35 AM
Honestly Mate the official Luxology Forums are better
as it is frequented by Luxology Employees.

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2010, 04:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.