PDA

View Full Version : Need help renaming batch render files

RyanScott
06-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey, so sorry for THIS being my first post but I need some help with something. I have 4 camera's that I have named "up, down, left, and right" and they are all in the same scene. I need the .png's it spits out to be renamed upPlayerIdle01.png, downPlayerIdle01.png, etc.. Because the way I see it is currently set up it gives me a folder for each camera (which is fine, but not ideal) and then within each folder it lists the scene name then the number frame its on. Example: PlayerIdle01.png. That'd be fine if I only had one camera to render out, but since I have four its a hassle to rename each time manually. Ideas?

DutchDimension
06-17-2010, 07:33 AM
You want to start using so called 'Render Tokens' in the 'File name prefix' box in 'Render Settings'. There is a detailed description of them in the manual. Think of them as $ variables for file naming.
But what you need to enter will look a bit like this:

<Camera>PlayerIdle

This will substitute the <Camera> token with whatever camera name you render with. Wether it be one, or many cameras.
There are a lot more token options available, many of them very useful. You can also use them to encode names of folders.

syna
06-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Use Xnview that is a free software to make a batch rename.

RyanScott
06-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Thank you so much for the reply guys! That worked perfectly :D

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2010, 01:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.