PDA

View Full Version : Physical Sun/Sky: How to not render the sky (I just want a black matte)??

Richard7666
06-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Anyone have any ideas? I want the sky to interact with the scene lightinhg-wise, but I don't want to actually see the sky in my final render, I just want a matte so I can swap it out in Photoshop or something.

Cheers

ytsejam1976
06-16-2010, 09:45 AM
The sky&sun is automatic alpha channel on your render output, with format with alpha channel itself. Anyway to turn it off on visible render, check, use background on sky and don't ins any image background and it come black

Richard7666
06-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Thanks, that worked but now I have another problem...my visibility distance lens shader has stopped working =(

http://www.djx.com.au/blog/2007/10/10/mia_physicalsky-visibility-distance/
^ see that for what I mean.

EDIT: yeah it's definately killing the 'visible distance' fog from the lens shader. I'll just use the alpha channel to get rid of sky. Thanks =)

onetime
06-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Sorry to highjack, but I've been wondering how to get the physical sky to render without the alpha channel. I know you can ignore the alpha channel in After Effects, but there's been a few cases where I want to render a TIF with no alpha channel. Changing the Frame Buffer data type to RGB 3x8 doesn't do it for me.

DutchDimension
06-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Why not just un-tick the 'Alpha Channel (Mask)' attribute for your render camera in the 'Render Settings' menu?

Sorry to highjack, but I've been wondering how to get the physical sky to render without the alpha channel. I know you can ignore the alpha channel in After Effects, but there's been a few cases where I want to render a TIF with no alpha channel. Changing the Frame Buffer data type to RGB 3x8 doesn't do it for me.

onetime
06-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Call me crazy but unchecking the alpha tickbox also doesn't work, even if I switch the file format to .iff. I've dealt with it, but it's annoying. Maybe it's a bug in the OS X version.

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2010, 12:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.