PDA

View Full Version : Texture reference object issue

APD-Jack
06-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Hi all.
I have a scene that i've already done animation job and rendering as well. Then, realised the main character's 3D texture was swimming on his body mesh. To fix it, i created texture reference object from body mesh. But it doesn't work with Maya's smooth mesh display (3) in Mental Ray. It crahes the software.
Everything is fine when smoot mesh display turned off.
I'm using Maya 2009. But it ends the same way with 2010. I've even tried on different machines, nothing changed.

If, anyone encountered it before, or has any idea please let me know.

Tnx

Skoczylas
11-23-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm sure you figured it out by now. But if anyone else want to know: You need to convert your smooth mesh preview to polygons to get this work (Modify -> Convert -> Smooth Mesh Preview to Polygons).

Maybe anyone knows a solution for this: I've got a character and a mia_x with some 3d textures as bump maps assigned to it. Causes of the 3d textures I need to create a texture reference object. But after assigning the reference object the bump is not visible anymore. The surface is completely flat :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2010, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.