PDA

View Full Version : Cigarett pack

duga8
06-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Hello all members,

I don't belong to those who quit. Here's another pack of cigaretts. I took the model from the web:

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg337/dux851gga/3dC4dWrks/pack_of_cigarettes.jpg.

I chose an entirly different method, and further more, I made a spacial file of documenting the process.

This is the first time I used the Bckg feature and I like:

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg337/dux851gga/3dC4dWrks/cigarett_pak.jpg.

Hope u like

Tnx..

sundialsvc4
06-14-2010, 01:55 AM
You don't?

You wlll.

Oh yes ... you will.

Meanwhile: to your model.

First of all, drop the background-image. Now, look very closely and objectively at your model versus the reference shot...

The reference shot is evenly illuminated, with no harsh shadows such as what fill the inside of your box-top. The edges of the box are very slightly beveled. This avoids the "pixellated" seams such as are visible where the red meets white. It is impossible in real life for the side lettering to "float above" the edge of the box. I doubt that any of the "white" surfaces anywhere are completely white, nor are they textureless...

Piflik
06-14-2010, 09:51 AM
A pack of plastic cylinders floating in front of a random photograph...oh...and the text is floating, too...the illusion is near perfect...I really don't know whats 3D and whats photograph... :bowdown:

Seriously...you should really do some tutorials...your work is lacking in all regards...modeling, shading, lighting, presentation...focus on one area first, e.g. modeling, and post in the appropriate section of the forums...this part is for asking questions regarding Hardsurface Modeling...put your work in the WIP (work in progress) section, if you want help/critique/suggestions, or, if you really think it's finished, try posting it in the Gallery, but frankly I doubt the Moderators will enable it...

Don't give up, but stop spamming the boards with poor 'art'...we all started at some point, but I have the feeling, noone ever told you, that your current stuff is not good...and definitely not finished.

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2010, 09:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.