PDA

View Full Version : Put clouds over terrain

cookin
06-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm trying to learn Vue and I've set out to re-create this schene: http://miriadna.com/preview/648

Is it possible to place large clouds over a terrain like one the mountains near the horizon?

Mike.H
06-12-2010, 01:43 PM
you control each cloud layer exactly as you see fit. height and placement, size and formation.

So yes, itīs of course possible to place your cloud(s) or layer around or on top of a specifiq place/terrain.

And if you need to sculpt a cloud formation vue has the tools for that to in case a cloud layer doesnt cut it for you. Kul att se fler svenska vue användare btw :)

cookin
06-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks for your reply!

My scene was too small so any metaclouds I added didn't show up in the render! Making the mountains in someone realistic size made things a lot better!

Mike.H
06-20-2010, 07:17 PM
glad it worked out for you and yes, scale is as important in vue as anyother 3d app.

Always keep in mind that the default terrain do load in quite small so itīs best to realy check the scale and size of the first terrain when you start a new scene. You rarely get away with using the default terrainīs size and build your scene from it since itīs so small.

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2010, 07:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.