PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitor NView woes...

Marcel
09-18-2003, 09:20 AM
I've just switched to a GF4 4200 videocard. With my old Radeon 9000 I could use two monitors with a different resolutions, but with my new graphics card I can only select to 'span' my desktop over two monitors. This means that both my screens need to have the same resolution (which isn't a very good idea if you have one big and one small screen).
I am sure it is possible to use different resolution on this card, but I'm totally missing the options.

(I can't use the standard windows interface 'extend my desktop' stuff, the Nvidia drivers have taken over).

Aearon
09-18-2003, 09:31 AM
on the non-quadro cards you have to enable some setting in the drivers which will allow you to use the standard windows stuff. not sure what it was though, it's enabled by default on quadro cards :shrug:

just softquadro your 4200 :D

Marcel
09-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Hurray, I got it to work!

I had to dive deep into those weird Nvidia menu's to enable 'Dual View' After that I could setup everything like normal. Thanks for the tip Fist!

I am already using the Softquadro program, I don't know wheter it is much better of faster, but it just looks nice to have 'Quadro 700XGL' in my display properties :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.