PDA

View Full Version : welding vertex inbetween weighting

Orbital101
06-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Anyone know how to weld vertices in 3ds max without loosing weights done on your character? I am almost done my weighting but i realized that there was some vertex unwelded. I dont seem to find a way to get them welded with out loosing my weights.

thx in advance

ErikE
06-11-2010, 05:58 AM
If it is messing up your weights pretty bad by welding it, I would give the skin utilities a try. You can find them in the utilities panel under "more" http://screencast.com/t/MjZhMzI3MWQ

Extract the data before you go in and weld the vert and then import the skin data after. You may have to fix a vert or two in the area that you welded, but overall it should transfer it pretty well.

I have received models that have drastically changed from their previous iteration (proportions, vertex count, etc) and was able to save a good portion of what was already done using this, so welding one vert should not be too painful :)

-Erik

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2010, 05:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.