PDA

View Full Version : Link Planes to particles

dunkelzahn
06-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi everybody,

short question over here. I am currently starting a web project, where I would like to create a whirlwind of graphics which are then exported to flash via XFL export. For this, each image plane will need to have their own animation information (position and rotation)

Now, my question is if there is a way to connect image planes to particles I create via particle worldand extract the animation data? Id probably need to script/expression it. I have some experience with expressions with AE and 3d scripting languages like Max Script and MEl, but not much in Java Script for AE.

Any pokes and hints in the right direction would be much appreciated, otherwise Im looking at animation by hand

Chris

Mylenium
06-09-2010, 02:43 PM
No, not in a million years. Simple rule: where there is no property control for it, there can be no expression or script access. Expressions have no magic, they are merely a different method of controlling and accessing property streams. Whatever motion data you hope to use, will have to be generated as native layer transforms in the first place, plain and simple, and that precludes the use of any plug-ins. So to conclude: If you know your way around Maya, do the sim in Maya, bake the motion to locators, then export and import the data e.g. using this plug-in (http://www.aeplugins.myleniumstuff.de/?p=660)or by parsing your ASCII data/ MA scene with a script.

Mylenium

dunkelzahn
06-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi Mylenium,

Id hate to do that, as it would result in unneccesary clutter, going from 3D to 2D and then to Flash.

Oh well, Ill take a look

Chris

dunkelzahn
06-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Took a look at the collada plugin, made a short test, but I decided to just animate it all by hand in After Effects (Its only about 30 objects and I can reuse and variate animation curves).

Cheers (und Schnen Tag noch :) )

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2010, 09:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.